SOCRATES : BOOK REVIEWS
Socrates Journal has a Team of Expert Book reviewers and it is expanding day by day.Our reviewers include librarians, business executives, journalists from national publications, PhDs in religion and literature, creative executives in entertainment and publishing industries as well as other professionals. Interested Authors and Publishers are welcome to submit their Book or manuscript for Review by the leading experts in this industry. The book or manuscript may be written in any of these three languages/Scripts: English-Hindi and Persian. A book is analyzed based on content, style, and merit. We are devoted to book reviews. Reviews are published and indexed.
About the Book review service:
The Book review is a scholarly chargeable service of the Journal Socrates in which a Book is analyzed by an Expert based on content, style, and merit. The review would be unbiased and at the end must contain grading on the scale of stars, where five stars denote excellently and no star denotes poor.
1. The Journal assign the Book review project to a qualified reviewer who reads the complete book and writes a full review (approximately 250-350 words). The review process should be accomplished within around 4-8 weeks.
2. The review process will be double-blind to provide anonymity for both authors and reviewers, however, the book's author may be invited to offer a response to the reviewer if he believes that such an exchange would be illuminating and of interest to other scholars.But the book's author will not be allowed to suggest or demand any changes in the Book review.
Publication and Indexing of the Book review:
By default, the Socrates Journal will publish and index the Book review written in English, which will be available for reading for librarians, booksellers, publishers, agents, journalists and Entertainment executives through the online/open access and print versions of the Journal, and Research databases attached with the Journal at the will of the Author/Publisher (Submitter of the Book for review).
Copyright of the Book Review:
Reviewer of the Book will retain all the right except publishing rights. The Author/Publisher (Submitter of the Book for review) will hold the publishing right of the Book review and would be free to publish the review in/on any Scholarly, News, Online/offline platform of his/her choice. In case the reviewer wants to publish the review, he/she will have to obtain written permission from the Author/Publisher (Submitter of the Book for review).Author/Publisher (Submitter of the Book for review) will be free to publish, distribute, display and perform the work as long as he/she gives the Book Reviewer credit. Author/Publisher (Submitter of the Book for review) is not allowed to alter, transform, or build upon the Review. For any reuse or distribution, readers and users must make clear to others the license terms of this work. Nothing impairs or restricts the reviewers’ rights.
Book review fee:
USD 2 per page of the manuscript.
- Provide as much information as possible about your book/e-book.When you submit your Book/E-Book, you'll get a response from the Socrates team confirming receipt of your request.
- Upon receipt, your book would be checked and if found suitable would be accepted for review. The Journal reserves all the rights to accept or reject a book for review at its sole and absolute discretion.
- If the Book is only available in the Printed format to send its two Print copy (Hard Copy) to us.
- If the Book is only available in the Printed format, it will be mandatory to send two hard copies (Print) of the Book to the Journal's mailing address.
- The Books sent for review will not be returned and would be kept as a record with the journal.
Who can submit a Book/E-Book/manuscript for review?
- Author/co-author of the book/e-book who has the legal right(s) to submit the book/e-book to the Socrates Journal for review.
- Publisher of the book/e-book who has the legal right(s) to submit the book/e-book to the Socrates Journal for review.
- Representatives of the author/publisher of the book/e-book who have the legal right to submit the book/e-book to the Socrates Journal for review.
Download Your Review:
Socrates Journal will notify the submitter of the book via email that your review is ready, and you will click the link in the email to download the review, so you may choose to publish it on your website.
If you have an e-Book/manuscript in electronic format that you want our experts to Review please submit/send it to our experts
If you have a published Book (Hard Copy)/un-published Manuscript write an E-Mail:
- Registration with the journal is not mandatory to submit a book for reviews.
- Socrates : Book Review is a chargeable service of the Journal.
- If you are interested in Joining our Team click here.